While we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we’ve all been guilty of either skipping it due to busy mornings or indulging in something unhealthy out of convenience.
To make your life easier and healthier, we have compiled a list of 4 delicious easy to whip up recipes that are low in calories and high in flavor!
Feta and Spinach Wrap
Hearty and healthy is the name of the game when it comes to this delicious wrap that is wholesome and packed with protein and other nutrients. P.s - this is a great on the go breakfast option as well!
- 2 Eggs
- Handful Spinach
- ¼ cup Olives
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Tortilla Wrap
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a pan on low to medium heat. Add a small dollop of butter and add in your eggs. Use a fork to whisk it around the pan. Just before the eggs are cooked add in your spinach, leave for one minute and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm up a tortilla wrap and add your egg mixture. Top it off with Feta and Olives.
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
This is a great option for those busy mornings as it can be made ahead of time! A healthy sweet treat option, this delicious moist Banana cake is both nutritious and easy to make.
- 2 ½ cups Oat Flour
- 3 mashed Ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Treacle
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Add the mashed bananas to a bowl and whisk in treacle, eggs and milk. Combine well and then add in the Vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in the cinnamon, salt and baking powder to the mixture.
- Combine the oat flour with the wet mixture and let its it for about ten minutes.
- Line a bread loaf pan with baking paper and add in the mixture.
- Place the pan in an oven preheated to 170 Celsius and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
Packed with an array of vegetables, this eggy goodness is another make-ahead breakfast recipe that is full of flavor!
- 2 Red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 pack button Mushrooms (diced)
- 10 Broccoli Florets (chopped)
- 10 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ cup Feta
- ½ cup Spring Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add in your vegetables. Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper then mix well.
- Roast the vegetables till it's baked.
- Mix your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl.
- Get an oven proof dish. Add in your roasted vegetables, then stir in the egg mixture.
- Add in some feta and the spring onions.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or till eggs are set.
Granola Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait
Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please! This delicious yet healthy easy to make parfait can be made the night before and stored in the fridge!
- ½ cup Cashews
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 cups boiled and pureed Pumpkin
- 3 tbsp Treacle
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Granola
- Soak cashews in water for about 2 hours. Add to a food processor and blend well.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, treacle and salt. Process still smooth.
- Layer four small jars or bowls with ½ cup of yoghurt in each.
- Add in ¼ cup of granola.
- Add in the Pumpkin Cashew mixture over the Granola.
- Top it off with a tbsp of Granola.
- Pop it in the fridge and enjoy once it's set.