While pads have been around for a while, panty liners are a relatively new addition to the sanitary napkin industry, especially in Sri Lanka. While you may have heard of panty liners or even use done, you may still not know about the exact uses and benefits of wearing a liner.
So let’s start with the most important question.
What is a panty liner?
It’s much similar to a sanitary napkin, but panty liners are thinner and smaller in size. This pad can be used just like a sanitary napkin to absorb vaginal discharge or a very light flow of menstruation.
Can it be used during my period instead of a sanitary napkin?
It is not advisable to use a panty liner as a pad. Pantyliners are not designed to handle heavy flows.
So when can I use a panty liner?
Panty liners can be used on a daily basis! It can be used to ensure that you feel fresh and clean throughout the day as it can absorb vaginal discharge, prevent stains and keep your underwear clean! It can also be used on the last day of your period when you have spotting.
What do I need to know before I wear a panty liner?
- Try to find an unscented panty liner that will minimize the risk of any itching or vaginal inflammation. We recommend the EVA Panty Liners that are specifically designed for everyday use.
- Try to change your panty liner at least every 6hours to keep yourself free from infections.
- Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before wearing your panty liner. This will help reduce the risk of transferring harmful germs and bacteria onto your skin.
- Avoid sleeping while wearing a panty liner. Give your skin some time to breathe.
- You can wear a panty liner before the start of your period or after. Do not use a liner while you are on your period.
What are the benefits of wearing a panty liner?
- Helps to absorb pre and post menstrual discharge. The days leading up to your period and the days after can leave you feeling panicked at the thought of unnecessary stains on clothes when you least expect it. Using a liner will help you get through your days with ease and confidence.
- Keep your clothes and underwear safe from stains by using a liner to absorb random bouts of spotting.
- Can be used alongside a tampon or menstrual cup to prevent the risk of leaking and staining.
- Panty liners are very small in size making it convenient and easy to travel with them.
- Hide the appearance of camel toes with a pantyliner! Tight pants and leggings can sometimes reveal the shape of your vulva. Wearing a panty liner can help hide this.
- If you aren’t keeping track of your period, wearing a panty liner daily can prevent you from staining your clothes when your menstruation cycle begins.
- If you suffer from urinary incontinence, a pantyliner will help keep you dry and confident by absorbing leakages.