For most people, a good cup of tea in the morning is essential. Waking up to a freshly brewed simmering hot cup can give you the energy boost you need to get through your day. What if you could pair that cup with a delicious breakfast that is full of flavor, delicious and easy to make? Here are our favorite recipes. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Avocado on Toast
This sounds simple enough, right? Believe us when we tell you, that this dish is a clear winner when it comes to easy but scrumptious food.
- 1 Avocado
- Chili Flakes
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- Mash the Avocado in a bowl. Add in Sea Salt and Pepper to taste. Add in the Chili Flakes and mix well.
- Toast some bread and slather it with your Avo mash.
- Sprinkle some crumbled Feta cheese on top and enjoy.
- If you feel fancy, top it off with a poached egg!
Savory Oats & Egg Bowl
We are staying clear of sweet oatmeal bowls and sharing this delectable Savory Oats recipe that is both healthy, delectable and perfect for having with your morning cup of tea.
- ½ cup Oats
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Onions
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Spring Onions
- Cook the Oatmeal according to package instructions, then add in your salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the cheddar.
- Place a pan on low-medium heat and add in your oil. Then toss in your onions and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables to your oatmeal.
- Fry an egg. Season with salt and pepper, then add it to your oatmeal bowl.
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onion on top and enjoy!
Almond Crispy Rice Bars
This may take a bit of time to make but the best part is that it can be made ahead and stored for later! It's crispy, healthy and deliciously sweet! Need we say more? So go ahead, whip up a batch of these tasty Rice Bars, brew a good cup of tea and enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups unsalted Almonds
- 1 ½ cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup treacle
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp salt
- Grab two baking trays and line them with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 150 Celsius. Add your coconut flakes and almonds to the two separate trays and bake the flakes for 3 minutes and the almonds for 8 minutes.
- Add your rice crispy cereal to a bowl and mix in the coconut flakes and almonds.
- Get a pan and add in your treacle, vanilla, ginger & salt. Heat it over low to medium heat till it starts to bubble. Then simmer for another minute.
- Add your treacle mixture to your bowl with the rice crispies and gently stir all the ingredients together.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a greased baking pan and press down.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut into small bars and enjoy!
Easy Egg Quesadillas
Just like tea is a morning staple, eggs are too! These fluffy delicious Quesadillas are sure to have your aching for a second! Grab your eggs and let's get cooking!
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- A handful of Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla Wraps
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl, then add in your chopped Green Bell Pepper.
- Heat a pan and add some butter to it. Pour in your egg mixture and cook till it’s done. Remove eggs from the pan.
- Place a tortilla wrap on the heated pan and add in the cheddar cheese, followed by the cooked eggs.
- Take another tortilla wrap and press it on the egg mixture till it seals.
- Cook for another minute or so, remove from heat and enjoy!