Dry lips not only look awful it can also be painful, irritating and uncomfortable. Chapped lips can be a problem at anytime of the year causing our lips to crack and flake. While store-bought lip masks and balms can temporarily relieve the pain, we have listed down our top picks of remedies & recipes to get rid of the dryness to keep your lips looking luscious and smooth all year round!
Exfoliating Honey Lip Scrub
Honey has an abundance of natural anti-inflammatory and healing properties making it the ideal main ingredient to lock in moisture and keep your lips smooth and soft.
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Use your finger and gently rub it on to your lips.
- Store the remainder in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Chamomile and Sugar Lip Scrub
Helping to soothe and relieve dried chapped skin, this Chamomile and Sugar Lip Scrub is one of the best ways to get plumpy beautiful lips!
- 2 tbsp Chamomile infused sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Add sugar and oil into a small bowl, then gently stir. Use your fingers to rub it on to your lips.
- Rinse with warm water and follow up with a lip balm.
Chamomile Lip Balm
You can’t go wrong with Chamomile so here we have another easy remedy for chapped lips made using everyday ingredients.
- 14g chamomile infused oil
- 7g castor oil
- 2g shea butter
- 7g beeswax
- Combine Chamomile, castor oil, shea butter and beeswax in a heatproof jar. Lower the jar into a saucepan with a few inches of water in it.
- Turn your stove heat to low and gently stir until all the ingredients are melted together.
- Remove the jar from heat and pour it into a storage container.
- Use it on your lips once it has cooled down.
Chocolate Lip Balm
Who doesn’t love Chocolate! Rich in nutrients and minerals, Cocoa helps to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated even on the most humid days.
- ½ tbsp shea butter
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 3 white chocolate chips
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- Combine the oils and the vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add the beeswax and chocolate chips in another bowl and microwave till both are melted together.
- Add the chocolate and beeswax mixture to the bowl with the oils. Gently stir to combine.
- Transfer to your storage container and let it solidify.
Vanilla Lip Scrub
Believe us when we say that this not only effectively soothes your lips, it also smells amazing!
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and gently apply to your lips.
- Scrub well and wash off with cold water.
Coconut Lip Scrub
Give your lips a healthy smooth shine with this Coconut Lip scrub that is rich in Vitamin E and other nutrients.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Combine the honey and coconut oil in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the brown sugar and stir till everything forms a paste.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Avocado Lip Scrub
Rich in vital nutrients and minerals, Avocado also contains a substance called Sterolin which helps keep your lips supple and hydrated during any type of weather.
- 9g Cocoa Butter
- 2g Shea Butter
- 2g Avocado Oil
- 10g Brown Sugar
- Add Cocoa and Shea butter into a double boiler and melt.
- Remove from heat and add the Avocado Oil.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Place the entire mixture in the fridge and cool till solid.